Eagerly Unanticipated

Sunday, October 02, 2005

is this heaven? no, it's sweden

So I'm in Stockholm right now, and I just wanted to say that Sweden is ridiculously nice. The air is clear, the city is gorgeous, and everything is really, really expensive. This is not to say that you necessarily have to spend insane amounts of money when you visit--museums are frequently free, and there's lots and lots to see around the city that's reasonable. On the other hand, clothes? stunningly expensive (all the jeans and jackets we looked at today turned out to be over $100). The metro (here called the T-bana)? a ride is a minimum of $4. And so on and so forth. I guess that there's a price to be paid for a society in which it seems like everyone owns a late-model Saab, Volvo, or Mercedes, and where people walk around the street and look happy all the time.

I actually have to run, because the brownies we're baking in the hostel kitchen are done, but I def have some more specific thoughts about things that will hopefully turn into something coherent by the time I'm home. For now, szia!

sam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home