Eagerly Unanticipated

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

anticlimax

Well, the snow didn't pan out. Denver didn't get more than the lightest see-it-swirl-in-the-headlights flurries last night. At least it's staying cold--I see it almost as a necessary condition for Christmas. My winter break goals of 1. regularizing sleep schedule 2. seeing friends 3. writing math thesis 4. cooking have not been achieved yet. In fact, my sleep has been stunningly irregular (woke up at 1pm on saturday, 7:45 sunday, 6am today), I haven't seen anyone, math grading has taken up my time since I got back and is far from complete (making thesis less palatable), and I have a week's dinner menu to plan by the time I go shopping this afternoon. Lovely. Any suggestions for meals for 4?

2 Comments:

  • 1) Fried Rice
    2) Jambalaya
    3) Black Jack Pizza
    4) Chicken Enchiladas
    5) Bacon Cheese Burgers
    6) Gyros (super easy)

    There you go. Never say I never help you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/19/06, 9:58 AM  

  • ha. I actually, in a kind of freakish coincidence, made chicken enchiladas tonight. They turned out pretty good, too.

    The recipe ha a little different preparation than I've seen before (it enables you to use precooked chicken, so I got a rotisserie bird from the store), but it turned out well.

    The other ideas... well, I came up with my menu and did the shopping before I saw your comment, but I'll take them under advisement. Especially Jambalaya--I seem to remember you having a really good boil-and-serve preparation on camping trips.

    By Blogger sam, at 12/19/06, 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home