Eagerly Unanticipated

Thursday, December 21, 2006

karma

Nature has decided to repudiate my snow demand of earlier this week by giving Denver a full-scale blizzard today through whenever it all gets cleared off. I awoke to probably 4-5", it's still snowing real hard, and we still have a second front to pick up where the first storm leaves off.

Positives: as they said on the news last night, we get a guarenteed White Christmas. Everybody's offices are shutting down for today and tomorrow at the least, so families get to be together around the holiday. It's not as cold when it's cloudy/snowy, especially at night. I'll have plenty of leisure time to cook some good dinners this week, since I got no place to go.

Negatives: I have a baaaaaaaad feeling they're cancelling the Nuggets game tonight (to which I had those Christmas-present tickets), and it will in all likelihood be rescheduled to a time when we aren't on break any longer. So I'm missing the game, which was supposed to be ALLEN IVERSON'S DEBUT with the team (which I'm still excited about). Also, a friend from Denver was planning on going out to celebrate her birthday with a bar crawl of some kind, and there's no way that's still happening.

Regardless of why we're getting dumped on, snow, particularly of the blizzard variety, is something I don't get to see nearly often enough. And, with Denver's winter weather being what it is, today's accumulation should stick around at least until early next week.

1 Comments:

  • you forgot to mention the OTHER friend who needs to fly into DIA in about 24 hours. I sure hope the runways are clear by Friday Night. (I think they will be, but you just never know...)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/22/06, 12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home