Eagerly Unanticipated

Monday, April 03, 2006

another year gone

Looking on it now, I'm kind of glad turning 21 is a once-in-a-lifetime event. It was fun, a lot of fun, don't get me wrong. On the other hand, it was expensive, I got soaked (fountainized while leaving dinner), and I drank too much. When I say too much, I mean it both locally (I got a little bit sick by the end) and globally--when I totaled everything up on Saturday, I had eclipsed 21 drinks on the 24 hour period. And I wrote a paper Friday afternoon. Needless to say, Saturday was pretty agonizing; even though I slept in til 3 pm, I woke up feeling terrible, didn't leave my room until dinner, and even through the evening felt the weight of the birthday. Ugh. Although I enjoyed feeling classy, and although I particularly love the idea of "happy hour", this is not going to be a frequent occurrence. I do want to thank David, Hardesty, Rachel, Max, Laurel, Ty, Krys, and Steph for being there for me (as drinking buddies) in my time of need.

Also a big thanks for the birthday cards! (you know who you are) Getting mail makes me really happy, particularly when it is not either 1. a parking ticket, 2. a credit card bill, or 3. a package from home which I know contains a credit card bill.

In forward-looking news, this should be a good week to finally get my shit together. One of my history seminars was cancelled, and the other has been moved to Tuesday; although I have a ton of math to do for tomorrow, I won't have anything else for the balance of the week. Hope everyone is well! Happy daylight savings! (except for the losing sleep. I hate that.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home