Eagerly Unanticipated

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

quick thoughts

-I used a clothes dryer the other day--best invention ever. Everything fits better than it has in months! Also, you get to take stuff out of the dryer and put it on while it's still warm. I love that.

-I get to follow everything I do with "haven't [activity] in months"! Which I'm sure has gotten really annoying for the people I've seen so far (namely, my family), but it's still fun. "I haven't had Mexican food this good in months!"

-There's great Mexican food back home, not to mention all sorts of other niche cuisines that I've missed.

-Denver is clearly devoted to sports. We have three regional sports networks (Altitude 1 and 2 and Fox Sports Rocky Mountain), all of which are basically Denver-centric. This means that last night, my parents watched the Avs in the family room, while I watched the Nuggets in the study, and everyone was happy. In general, we manage to get all football, basketball, and hockey games televised (along with most baseball games), and radio coverage of the above plus DU hockey and CU and CSU basketball and football. I'm really enjoying this mostly because after four months in which I got to watch one quarter (of a Nuggets loss to the Suns) while visiting Amsterdam (probably because Francisco Elson, our backup center, is the Dutch Sensation), every single game they've played since I got back has been on tv.

-It's great being home, because Denver is a little like a large small town. When I went to see "Syriana" last night with Keaty, I ran into Scott Schubert, with whom I rode the ski bus every saturday for... five seasons? six seasons? anyway, from ages maybe nine to probably thirteen or so. It was just sort of really funny, I guess, how random it was, but how, on some level, I've come to expect to see somebody I know almost everywhere I go. (I ran into an old Sunday School teacher of mine going to the library the other day) That may be one of the best parts about being home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home