Eagerly Unanticipated

Thursday, December 27, 2007

at home, he's like a foreigner

Apparently, it's hilarious when I show people my name-card, because I hand it over with two hands and bow my head a little. I understand that that's a presentation specific to HK, but how do Americans exchange cards? I can only envision some kind of oh-too-cool wrist flick or something, like a way that is somehow ironic and a little contemptuous of the role of the name-card in business/daily life. But I honestly have no idea.

You know when you're in a foreign country, and you accumulate huge amounts of change because it's easier not to try and pay with correct cents? Well, apparently I do that now in America. I now have an in-pocket reserve of several dollars in mixed denomination because I'm no longer familiar with American coin denominations or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home