Eagerly Unanticipated

Sunday, May 21, 2006

so far

After a fall semester that brought a welcome amount of free reading, a break I realized I needed from doing the same thing all the time (which clearly bodes ill for my career prospects), spring was not so impressive. I got through, I believe, three books not-for-school, all of which were pretty good, certainly, but not great. This summer, I figured since I'm first home and then doing math again I may have the chance to get back on track. To this end, I went ahead and reserved some books from the library while I was driving back from college, and picked them up today.

Unfortunately (i.e. the cause of the titular dilemma), I also reserved season 3 of 24, thinking there would be a backlog of requests, and I would be lucky to get it before the end of June; it was waiting for me today. Thus, the dilemma: I only have a week to watch season 3 as it is, but right now I'm only five episodes into season 2. Unless I want to pay a shitload of late fees, I have 43 episodes of 24 to watch in seven or so days...

coolest... dilemma... ever
.

In other news, I managed to get a little job for the next week; the Colorado Bar Association (the attorney kind of bar) has extended a contract offer to me to assist them with their golf tournament; apparently, they needed someone to lift heavy stuff and not look too uncomfortable in a collared shirt, and I fit the bill.

2 Comments:

  • too bad its not the other kind of bar...and you got a job as a bartender, cuz that would be hella sweet. yes i did say hella, and yes i enjoyed it.

    but that actually sounds really cool, gives you something to do, some money, and we know much you like to wear nice clothes : )

    By Blogger Kristy, at 5/22/06, 1:08 AM  

  • Quite some dilemma. That's true, it's way easier to read here, especially when there's a commute.

    By Blogger Petroc, at 5/23/06, 6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home