Eagerly Unanticipated

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I definitely update this thing more often when I feel like the last post was whiny. This happens reasonably often, all things considered, so I can only conclude that I am a whiny person who is embarrassed about it.

The other thing I like to try to do with a post-whiny entry is marginalize and dismiss the problem that was the previous subject of complaint, preferably in a clever or creative way. So:

Solutions to boredom: stay busy with stuff around the house, family stuff, etc.; defeat workaholism and be secure/happy with not having stuff driving my time; start volunteering someplace for a few weeks; watch more movies. I have begun to consider all of these strategies. Among all of them, the only major requisite is finding an organization in Denver I would really want to volunteer for.

I do enjoy watching movies, and I've started reserving stuff from the library so I'll have a constant stream of stuff I want to watch; in the last few days, I've seen "La Mala Educacion (Bad Education)", "Ocean's 13", finished "When the Levees Broke" (more on this later, once my thoughts are in order), and, tonight, "Boyz n the Hood." This was how I made it through high school: between free stuff when I worked for the movie theater and DPL, I've seen kind of a lot of movies, including almost everything released between June 2001 and October 2002. There's something about sitting on the couch with the lights dimmed after everyone else has gone to bed, popping something in the dvd player; it may just be the feeling of continuity, reminding myself how it felt to live at home before I'd ever moved out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home