Eagerly Unanticipated

Sunday, June 24, 2007

talk

I had two really good conversations back-to-back today. One of them was meeting someone for the first time, while the other was with an old friend (this being a relative term, meaning "since the beginning of college") (respectively). I definitely feel less nervous about all of the meeting-people and adjusting-to-life I'll be doing in august, because the first one went so well. The second reminded me of how spot-on "keeping in touch" can be sometimes, and one of the reasons it's definitely worth the effort.

Also, I picked some stuff up at the library today, incl some movies I want to watch, a couple books, and two Nelly Furtado albums. Since my laptop was stolen, my music collection has amounted to nearly nil (although I want to give a shout out to Mary Rose for helping to remedy this). And, honestly, the time and distance I'd put between high school me and present-day me almost led me to believe that my tastes had changed, that I should/do repudiate things I liked then, because after all I've changed so much, etc. But then I had a chance to listen to "Whoa, Nelly" (the one from like 2000) again, and it was still really enjoyable. I admit, I was a little rusty trying to sing along with the verses, but half the songs on that album are great. It felt good to drive on the highway this afternoon and sing "I'm like a bird" for the first time in probably years. The only problem I'm having is that the mix of one of the tracks (particularly the instrumental backing) is completely different from the song I remember, and I feel like it suffers for it. I guess I'll have to do a little internet snooping to try to figure it out once I have computer space to actually start to rebuild a library.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home