Eagerly Unanticipated

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I'm thinking I might buy a used scooter (like a vespa, only not name-brand) when I get to HK. I could wear a silly helmet when I ride it, paint it a ridiculous color, use it to get into the spacious mountain parks that seem to make up a lot of the new territories. In most countries, scooter engines are small enough that you don't need an actual drivers' license. And even if you do, I got one of those International Driving Permits from AAA.

I like AAA. They have random discount programs, and they're the only agency recognized by the State Department and the Fair Trade Commission to issue International Driving Permits. They also have arrived in the middle of nowhere with a tow truck on more than one occasion (once at like 4am). That sexist guy who ran the garage in Schuyler, New Jersey was way wrong about them.

If I don't get a scooter, maybe I'll just get a bike. A cheap one, a bike I can spraypaint and not feel bad about, a bike I can repair with a screwdriver. Simplify.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home