Eagerly Unanticipated

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

it's now (just barely) tuesday

And I leave thursday at 7am. Well, that's not technically true: depending on how you measure, I'll have to leave the house at like 5:15 for the 7am flight to LAX, and I won't actually leave the country until 1:35pm, when the LAX - Narita flight takes off. Whatever. It's approximately two days, and that's exciting and nervous and scary. They all just kind of feel like adrenaline to me.

I can't escape the feeling that I've forgotten to do something really important to prepare. This is silly, I hope, because I've been reasonably thoughtful about the trip, and anything so glaringly huge as to cause irreversible harm to the year in HK shouldn't have escaped my notice... What I think the real problem is is that I haven't done much of anything to prepare; with such a large life change, it seems strange that I am already prepared to go as I am. So the gulf between the expectation of change and the reality of I'm going pretty much the same person I am right at this moment makes me feel incomplete. So I must not have brought something important, must be forgetting to pack something crucial.

I'll take my gallon-size ziploc of school/office supplies. That should help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home