Eagerly Unanticipated

Thursday, March 06, 2008

the pace of things is picking up

Dependably, hope-full-y.

I'm going to Taiwan in a week, and will get to meet up with Cathy and Tom in Taipei.

I'm teaching myself a little html, with the intention of moving on to object-based programming, which replaces unproductive-feeling downtime with productive-feeling skills acquisition (even if the skills themselves are rather rudimentary--the book I'm using begins chapter one with Step 1. get access to a computer 2. connect to the Internet).

I'm reading some good stuff, and a mix of genres and styles, which is important because I have a short attention span.

I'm making peace with my attention span, among other things.

------------------------------------------------

Ruminations:
It probably takes more computing power to run Free Cell than they had in the Apollo modules.

Stephen Chow makes really really excellent movies. Although, like Woody Allen movies, I spend every minute knowing I'm grossly underqualified to fully appreciate them.

Although I'm still partial to bookstores, there can be no replacement for the old Tattered Cover. It wasn't so important to me when they announced they were moving, because I guess I thought the mystique would somehow transfer along with the inventory, but it didn't couldn't of course and now there's not even a close facsimile in HK. Unless I just don't know about the *perfect* place in Stanley or somewhere (in which case, that would be information worth treating you to dinner).

Girl scout cookies herald the coming of spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home