Eagerly Unanticipated

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

a spring semester going by even faster than senior year?

Indeed, that's the truth of it. Our schedules were light in january, since the primary school hadn't finished their winter break and other activities started slow. February was Chinese new year (one week) and a "reading week" (which meant students didn't show up to anything). March was a two-week easter break. April began with a long weekend for Qingming festival (tomb-sweeping, from which I was exempt inasmuch as I have no idea where the tombs I'm obligated to sweep would even be), and then we have a ten-day teaching exchange in China starting mid-month (I'm going to Nanjing). And then it's May, and apparently a lot of students will be leaving already. My reaction is "?" There's been no semblance of routine or normalcy in my life of late, due to the traveling around all over the place, wrecking what had been a perfectly reasonable sleep schedule, etc.

But if I start to think about how there's not that much time for me before May, things start to cascade:

Then, I think, oh, jeez, taxes are due soon. Which means I gotta dig out all that paperwork, not to mention figure out how to report my overseas income (the US is one of the few countries which taxes all citizens regardless of where they live/work) in a verifiable manner.

And then, I think, taxes can be extended, but, oh JEEZ, I gotta look for a job! Which would be easier, I think, if I had a decent idea of how/where to start looking.

And then, I think, and when are those library books due again? I haven't read even half of them yet! Or watched those VCDs that I bought. Aiyah!

And then, I think, maybe I'm not doing enough to improve myself. Flossing habits have improved, but I'm still not as frequent as I ought to be. Same with reading math stuff. Same with the html and whatnot.

And maybe I should start to window-shop for a new camera...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home