Eagerly Unanticipated

Monday, August 06, 2007

first post from HK!

I really wanted to write a lot today, but I'm waaaaaaay tired and there's just no way things would stay coherent. Think of this as a teaser: photos, etc will come later. However:

food has already been really good. xiao long bao, green tea bun with red bean inside, tofu-and-duck dish ordered by pointing at random to menu, shanghai rice cake... some photos to follow in next entry.

sights are really pretty. photos to follow.

classroom responsibilities seem doable.

had a great day out shopping, sightseeing, etc with a few people from the program.

I get along well with the other ETA on my floor (Vicki: it's Scott, which is kind of random).

I got some fob clothes today, and shopping for them was really fun. Photos probably to follow.



There were also some bad things, many of which I was dwelling on last night/this morning, but I don't want to elaborate now, because the rest of the day went so well and I want to go to bed in a good mood.

Oh, and Sophia, I started reading "Tropic of Orange" on the plane, and I'm really enjoying it. I'm not done, but I have to say I was way surprised at the part where Emi and Gabriel are talking about computers/internet, because but for that one little part, the book seems really contemporary and relevant, even though it was written ten years ago.


Also, it's pretty painfully hot here a lot of the time. Part of our motivation for clothes shopping was finding stuff that was thinner, more appropriate for the climate.

Lots of highs and lows, but through it all beating jet lag by staying up late at night,
Sam

1 Comments:

  • exciting. photos had better follow. eat lots of delicious food. LOTS.

    i'm at work right now (sunday afternoon), which is kind of lame, but i did enjoy the free meal that comes with doing OT, so not all is lost!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/6/07, 3:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home